Thursday 7 May 2015

GE2015: E-mail from ‘Re-elect Jackie Doyle-Price’



I received an e-mail from Jackie Doyle-Price’s campaign team yesterday (although I didn’t read it until this morning), I felt quite affronted that her team even dare to contact me after the way JD-P ignored my nicely written and polite letters so I sent them a nice reply.  Below is the e-mail I received.

The e-mail I received
  
Dear Myles Cook,

ONLY A VOTE FOR THE CONSERVATIVES CAN STOP LABOUR AND THE SNP

Tomorrow, Thursday, is the most important election in a generation.  By Friday morning Ed Miliband could be our Prime Minister.  You can help stop that from happening by voting for me, here in Thurrock.

Ed Miliband can only become Prime Minister with the support of the SNP. That means he’ll be held to ransom by Nicola Sturgeon and Alex Salmond on every vote in Parliament – and we’ll pick up the bill.  I don’t know about you, but I think we send enough money to Scotland. The SNP will also have a veto over anything the UK Government does in places like Thurrock – whether it affects Scotland or not.  That just isn’t fair.

It also means the progress we’ve been making to secure Britain’s future will be put at risk. Higher taxes and borrowing for people here to fund extra spending and benefits in Scotland. But because Thurrock is one of the most marginal constituencies in the country – your vote can stop this. But only if you vote Conservative.

I won by just 92 votes last time.  And if I am elected again that is one less vote for Ed Miliband and the SNP.

With the economy growing again, David Cameron and the Conservatives has been able to invest in good schools to help our children reach their potential.  Here in Thurrock that means three new free schools – one in Tilbury and two for Chafford Hundred – as well as a new Studio school in Ockendon.  We are investing in a better NHS that will always provide the best care for you and your loved ones. Here in Thurrock we will be making money available for GPs surgeries to be open for longer hours.  Ed Miliband and Labour have no plan and would make the same mistakes they did last time – wrecking the economy, and putting our public services at risk for future generations.

This election is close. Your vote will decide the national outcome.

If you want to stop Labour and the SNP taking us back to square one, Myles, please vote Conservative tomorrow.

Best wishes,










P.S.  For the past five years I have been fighting for Thurrock and fighting for you. I have delivered three new schools; new investment in the A13 and J30 of the M25 and improvements at Basildon hospital. Don’t put the progress we’re making locally at risk. Vote Conservative.

My reply

I ignored some of the obviously fictitious material in her e-mail and gave what I believe to be an appropriate response.

Fuck off, Jackie Doyle-Price!  You've had many chances to engage with me in the past and you ignored me and blocked my e-mail address so you didn't get my politely written e-mails.  You're a blight on the human race as is every Tory tosser.

I think regular readers will probably agree, given her dismissive attitude to my e-mails in the past (and which new readers can view on this blog), that is a very appropriate response.

No comments:

Post a Comment