Wednesday 7 May 2014

Wednesday 7th May 2014



Just barely got myself energised enough to climb out of my duvet on the sofa and come to the computer to do some stuff.

I’ve got a Governor’s meeting at the adult college tonight but I don’t really feel up to going.  Unfortunately, I’ve already missed two meetings lately so I can’t in all good conscience miss any more.  The ideas I proposed for the new Governor Mentorship scheme are on the agenda which makes it even more important that I’m there so I will have to simply do what I must to drag myself there.  I also can’t send my apologies with the excuse of “I’m not really up to attending because of the state of my mental health” on the very day of the meeting because that would be rude, even if it is true.

It also shows potential employers that, although my mental health may be poor at the moment, I’m still prepared to drag my fat ass out of the flat to do what needs to be done.  This is an important statement to make seeing as how I am presently looking for work having been kicked off the benefit I was claiming despite being in a worse shape than when I first claimed it and left with no income whatsoever.

I posted my first movie review on my other blog yesterday.  It’s been a long time since I set it up and I felt the urge to write something that wasn’t mental health, politics or yet another diary entry.  I doubt it’ll get many views but at least I can post the links on my social networking sites and hope that people will see that I’m not all doom and gloom or piss and vinegar.  It would be nice if it got me a job as a reviewer although the review doesn’t go into the sort of minute detail that some do.  All I want to do is give people a flavour of what a film is like and a reason for them to check it out for themselves.  I’m not after doing some deep critical analysis, just a good old-fashioned recommendation.

I may not be reviewing new movies but that is because there are very few new movies that aren’t already hyped up to the eyeballs or are any good.  I just want to go through my collection of DVDs picking out the ones that are fascinating, original or just plain good and try to enthuse other movie buffs to watch them.  It’s a vain hope but I’ve got to do something to pass the time while I’m waiting to get a job or die (whichever comes first), haven’t I?

The review I mentioned can be found here: 

http://abyssalvault.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/somewhere-in-time-1980.html

No comments:

Post a Comment