Friday 20 December 2013

More letters to Jackie Doyle-Price

Below are the full texts of my latest letters to Jackie Doyle-Price.



Dear Ms Doyle-Price,

I noticed on the Hansard coverage of the food bank debate that you voted against investigating the rise in the use of food banks and the increase in food poverty – could you explain to me why you voted the way that you did?

I also noticed that you also voted to retain the Bedroom Tax as shown on www.theyworkforyou.com. 

Can you explain how voting to retain the Bedroom Tax and voting against investigating the rise in the use of food banks and the increase in food poverty are good for the country and its citizens? 

I am by no means a stupid man but I cannot see the logic in your voting record on these issues unless you hope to grind down the poor and disadvantaged and then cover up the evidence of your party’s systematic persecution of those groups.

Regards,

Myles Cook


Dear Ms Doyle-Price,

I have recently been sent PDF file of the ‘Citizenship & Democracy’ booklet being distributed to schools to help promote children approaching voting age to engage with the democratic process.

I have noticed, however, that the entire booklet is designed as Conservative propaganda and, as such, breaches The Education Act 1996 which obligates schools to offer “a balanced presentation of opposing views”.  The only views I could see within the booklet are Conservative views that show your party in a favourable light with no opposing views.

By distributing this Conservative Party propaganda, the Government is breaking the law as are any schools that use it to educate their students and I ask you, as my representative in Parliament, to demand that the booklet be recalled and pulped.

Regards,

Myles Cook


If I get any replies (some hope!), I'll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment