Monday 11 November 2013

Another letter to Grant Shapps about Jackie Doyle-Price

Below is the full text of my latest letter to Grant Shapps on the Jackie Doyle-Price affair.  I will get my apology even if it kills her!

Dear Mr Shapps,

It is now six weeks since I wrote to you regarding a complaint against your colleague, Ms Jackie Doyle-Price and I am writing to ask if there has been any action taken with regards to the matter.

In the intervening time since you acknowledged receipt of my initial e-mail (sent on 28/09/13) and to which I replied (30/09/13), I have received two communications from your assistants at the Conservative Campaign Headquarters – one from Oliver Wells and the other from Jamie Njoku-Goodwin – neither of which has been that helpful. 

Below is the exchange with Mr Wells:

From: chairman@conservatives.com
To: valen1971@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Re - Jackie Doyle-Price complaint
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 16:12:58 +0000

Dear Mr Cook,

I am writing on behalf of the Party Chairman, The Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP, who has asked me to thank you for your recent email.
 
It is good of you to get in touch and make us aware of your thoughts. Your feedback is appreciated and I will be sure to pass your comments on to the Chairman.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time and trouble to get in touch.
 
Yours sincerely,
 
Oliver
 
  
Oliver Wells
Office of the Party Chairmen
Conservative Campaign Headquarters


Dear Oliver,

As this is an actionable matter, could you keep me informed of what Mr Shapps plans to do about the matter?  I would hate to think that nothing will be done about Ms Doyle-Price's deplorable actions and attitude.

Regards,

Myles Cook
I have received no answer to my question since that exchange.
I then sent the entire content of my e-mails to Ms Doyle-Price and her replies to you on 09/10/13 for you to peruse but have heard nothing with regards to that e-mail.
On the 14/10/13 I received the following e-mail from Jamie Njoku-Goodwin in reply to the e-mail thanking you for your speedy acknowledgement of my complaint (sent 30/09/13):
Dear Mr Cook
Thank you for your further email.  The best thing to do would be to contact MPs directly, as they are free as individuals to take part in training and workshops that they so wish to.
Thank you once again for your email.
Yours sincerely,
Jamie Njoku-Goodwin
Office of the Party Chairmen
Conservative Campaign Headquarters

Saying that I should contact MPs directly to offer my services with mental health awareness sessions won’t really work with Ms Doyle-Price as she is refusing to answer any of my e-mails (contrary to her duty as an MP for Thurrock).

So, with all this in mind, I was wondering if you could tell me what has been done to discipline Ms Doyle-Price (if anything) and if she will be offering me the public apology I have asked for?

I do not wish to make a big issue of this but, if Ms Doyle-Price does not start answering my queries and doing her duty as my representative in Parliament, I shall have no option but to take this to the local media in Thurrock.  And, if I do not start receiving responses with regards to this situation from yourself, I shall have to take the fact that you are not helping a member of the electorate get answers from an unresponsive MP to the national media.

Regards,

Myles Cook

Any response I get will be posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment