Tuesday 1 October 2013

A rosy future?

As I leave Your Thurrock behind me, I still have an active life ahead of me.  I am doing quite a bit of work with Anglia Ruskin University's Social Work Faculty and will, in fact, be delivering part of a lecture/practical training session on 3rd October.

I have put a lot of effort into writing the content I will be presenting with a fellow service user and the lecturer I'm working with seems impressed with the quality of the handouts and case studies I've produced and with the speed of delivery.

I'm really looking forward to the actual session as I'll be working with two people I really like to work with and delivering material that I've had a hand in writing and planning.  I don't know how it's going to turn out but one thing's for sure - this work is doing my mental health and self-esteem a Hell of a lot more good than working for Your Thurrock or therapy ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment