Thursday 9 May 2013

I'm back but only in a reduced capacity

After so long away I doubt people even read this blog any more but I thought I'd check in anyway.

At the end of December last year, I was truly at my very lowest for some time. I had lost my computer to catastrophic hardware failure, my mobile phone was playing up and my benefits were changing. And all of that was prior to Christmas. I was also suffering from side effects from my new medication. I really thought that my last posting was my last posting ever.

Thankfully, my boss at Your Thurrock offered me some work to get me out of myself and concentrating on other issues. In fact one of the pieces I ended up writing was a piece about the 'bedroom tax' which turned out to be my most read and most commented on piece for YT.

I've run the Twitter feed for YT at a couple of council meetings and have written my longest ever piece on the introduction of Clinical Commissioning Groups and the NHS reforms that is being serialised in manageable chunks so as you can see I have hardly been idle.

I have been involved with delivering training to social work students at Anglia Ruskin University and have also been involved in working with staff at the university to create a new admissions process for prospective new social work students.

Well, that's my check-in for now. There are a couple interesting developments coming up but I'll mention those nearer the time.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Well I read it. Keep up the good work when you can.

    ReplyDelete