Monday 30 April 2012

A Rip Van Winkle Weekend

I know that I promised to be delivering my verdict on the UKIP candidate's efforts to win my vote today but that has to be postponed until Wednesday now.  I have spent most of the weekend in a state of unconsciousness for no other reason than I have been overcome with the kind of tiredness that a bear suffers from every winter.  This should not come as a surprise to anyone who suffers from depression, almost universally seen as the common cold of mental health conditions but probably the most widespread.  Every so often, I go into a period of utter psychic drain that leads me to fall asleep at the drop of a hat.  I have even fallen asleep in group therapy on occasion which is both embarrassing and restful for me and a source of annoyance to the therapist and my fellow group members.  This has actually led to me getting an ultimatum of sorts from the therapist who has threatened me with getting kicked out of the group.  A strange thing to get from someone who should understand mental health problems and how they affect the person who suffers from them. Oh well.

The whole point of mentioning my Rip Van Winkle weekend is, in some way, trying to explain why I am behind on a lot of the things I am supposed to be doing.  I posted my 'To Do' list a while ago and I am probably disappointing some people with my lack of progress in certain things.  This is probably a reasonable state of affairs.  The problem I am having at the moment is that I have been very busy lately with trying to write the proposal for a new mental health service user involvement project and with meetings and appointments so I have not really had the time I needed to do the rest of the stuff I have needed to get on with.  The rest of the time I have succumbed to my Rip Van Winkle Syndrome and been unable to keep my eyes open for longer than a few minutes.  I am working my way through my list of things to do but it may take some time when I have been able to build up my psychic reserves enough to stay awake.

I will return on Wednesday with the next part of my local election running commentary as I am in an all day training session tomorrow and will not be near a computer to write my blog.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment