Monday 20 February 2012

Another bad day

I'm feeling so shitty today.  It's getting hard to find anything to look forward to what with the problems at MIME, the cancellation of two trips up to Wolverhampton over the last couple of months and the on-going situations surrounding my claim for Disability Living Allowance, the divorce proceedings and my housing woes.  It's also hard to try to deny my mental health problems when I do, very rarely, get a chance to find work.

The Enlightenment Project is not getting the kind of positive response I had hoped it would have.  There are very few volunteers to join and it makes me wonder if it's me or whether people just can't see the potential for change that the project offers.  I suppose there's the point that project members would be working for nothing but that was always said up front and was always meant to be an amateur hobby type of thing.  I must admit, though, that I am finding it hard to get my thoughts sorted out enough to produce my first piece of work on politics.  It's not a great literary piece; just a few initial thoughts to get the ball rolling on what I hope will be a useful dialogue towards political change.  I'm no expert and that was the whole point; experts have screwed everything up and now it's time for the enthusiastic amateurs to have a go at creating a more positive society, starting from scratch.  My piece was to be the beginner's guide to what I see as the most positive aspects of all the competing ideologies and some ideas about how to combine them into a positive new ideology together with some notes on factors that need to be considered such as the role of the Monarchy.

I'll continue to try to get The Enlightenment Project up and running though as I think it's a worthwhile thing to do.  It is a rather hard job to keep up my enthusiasm though.

All in all, I'd much rather be somewhere else, being someone else at some when else.

No comments:

Post a Comment