Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween

Welcome, dear reader.  I know that my recent postings have been a little mundane but the opportunity for deep thought has been out of my reach for the time being.  I do try to think deep thoughts every day but sometimes they just won't spring to mind and I have realised that it's best not to force them.

I do, however, want to say a little something on Halloween.  Tonight, the ghosts and spirits come out to play and, unfortunately, so do their children, looking for that sugary fix that only a bucket full of sweets can give them.  Halloween has been turned into an excuse to stuff our faces full of things that aren't good for us and to watch horror movies but we have forgotten the true meaning of the night of the spirits.  We should take time out to try to commune with those that have departed, to see if we can access the collective unconscious of our race and learn some of the lessons from our forebears before we make the same mistakes over and over again.  This very evening, the curtain between the physical and spirit worlds draws aside and allows us the opportunity to be touched by the supernatural.  What we make of the experience is up to us but I intend on trying to reconnect with those I have lost over the years, even if it's just a chance to remember them and the effect they had on my life.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment